God's Big Backyard

I thought I would share few pictures of the girl's week at Vacation Bible School. . .

Every summer since they have been old enough to participate, I have found a local church providing VBS and signed Emma, Claire and Olivia up. That is one of the perks of church planting. We don't have to do VBS ourselves because we don't have the manpower, and everyone is thrilled to let us be a part of theirs. :-) (FYI - We have chosen not to provide VBS at Cool River and instead to channel our ministry energies alongside the activities that our town provides to its residents.)

Anyway, VBS is not what it used to be. Gone are the days of vanilla wafers and fruit punch, the pledge to the Christian flag and a game of "mother may I?" in the church parking lot. VBS 21st century is a HUGE production!! Lucky for us and the communities that they minister to, there are some churches where VBS is their bread and butter. And yes, I have to say that I am not too proud to enjoy the fruit of their gifting.

So. . .this year we attended VBS at Rocky Mountain Christian Church. It was absolutely top notch! Way to go RMCC! The girls had an absolute blast!!!




Another week of summer has already passed.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yep....great job....except my girls came home singing Audio A's "Big House" NOOOOOO......NOT AGAIN!!!!!!
Will someone please put that song to rest.