The Next Food Network Star

My girls have become addicted to the Food Network channel. These days they choose to watch Rachel Ray or Paula Deen over watching Arthur, Sesame Street or just about any other cartoon. It's actually a lot of fun to see them glued to the TV learning and enjoying shows like Unwrapped where they visit factories where food and candy is made or Rachel Rays Tasty Travels where they get to "visit" different cities all over the United States. As a matter of fact, I was just informed the other day that we need to take our next vacation to New York City and eat at "The Eatery" because it is a cheap place to eat and they serve really good french toast. No more McDonald's for these girls, I suppose.

Yesterday I was preparing dinner for some friends. Emma and Claire were helping to make melon ball skewers. As I cut the cantaloupe in half I reached for a spoon to dig the seeds out, only to be informed by Chef Emma that an ice cream scoop would work much better.
Hmmmmm, I guess I never thought of that.

No comments: