Drama

Have you ever known someone who seems to thrive on there being drama in their life? Life is never boring when that person is around and when life is simply going along normally they can't seem to function - so they create more drama.

I have never been the drama queen. I have always considered myself quite the opposite. When the drama of life happens I tend to downplay it as much as possible. I get completely annoyed with those who always seem as if their world is about to crumble around them all of the time. As you might guess, I score very low on the mercy end of spiritual gifts inventories that I have taken. :-) It takes a lot to shake me.

But lately I have noticed this - all of a sudden, as true drama has entered my life once again, I realize that I have missed it. I want to embrace the struggles and the unanswered questions because what I have learned is that in my life this means that God is at work. It means that he is up to something and he is preparing the way to show his power once again.

You know, God has done this to Kevin and I many times. He presents a "crisis of belief" in front of us. He shakes the waters a little and then "voila!" He does his thing in a huge way once more.

Between church and family there are quite a few little dramas happening in our lives today. And instead of becoming too "dramatic" I really just want to savor them. I love it when God is up to something that is bigger than I can fathom. I love the way he works things out. I love to look back and be able to praise him even in the drama. When it is created by God, drama is excellent.

No comments: