The Coolest Trick Ever

So I just got back into the room from a junk food run to Conoco convenient store here in Breckenridge. And like so many of you have experienced before, the darn credit card wouldn't scan. You know that look that comes across the face of the cashier before he has to pull out the typepad and start punching in your number by hand? I hate that moment. It's almost as bad as that Visa commercial where the world is spinning just perfectly to the music until the guy decides to pay for his food with cash - then the whole world freezes and no one knows what to do. . .you know the one. . .that's what it always feels like. So in my anticipation of the dreaded cashier gritting of teeth, I have to tell you that today I was so amazingly surprised. The COOLEST thing happened. . .

Instead, this guy, with a smile on his face, said to me, "no worries, I have a trick!"
And what did he do next? The craziest thing. . .he pulled out a plastic bag and wrapped my credit card in it. Was he going to just throw it away? No! Not my precious Frontier credit card!!

But after wrapping my card in the bag he then proceeded to swipe the card again - yep, with the card inside the bag! - and get this. . .it worked perfectly!!!!!!!! He proceeded to tell me that a customer had shown him the trick not long ago and that never once had he tried it that it didn't work on the very first try. Isn't that cool?

So there you have it. . .another bit of useful knowledge from Amy. Now tell me this. . .have any of you readers ever heard of this before? What other "cool tricks" do you know of to share with me? As you can tell, I'm easily fascinated.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that is one of the craziest things i have ever heard!!!

i don't know if i have any knowledge quite that fascinating!