What an Honor (Part 1)

Last weekend was a lot of fun for me. It's not very often that for two days in a row I get to fully play. But this last weekend I had 2 great days of fun and play and relaxation.

It started with a trip to the Nature and Science Museum for Emma's 9th birthday. On first glance, I know that does not sound like a ton of fun. You are imagining having to keep up with 20 wild and crazy kids in a public place, cake and presents and chaos. Though we've had many birthdays that looked a lot like that, this one was different. Emma is growing up. And this year all she wanted was to be with her best friend, Megan. No sisters, no other friends, no mound of gifts to open. . .just Megan. So that is what we did. I let her pick ANY place that she could imagine to go with Megan. And being the "eco friendly, green girls" that they are, together, they chose the Nature and Science Museum. Just 2 girls who never even disagreed for a second, and me. . . what an honor it was to watch Emma on that day. She truly is growing up. And it was a lot of fun!



Next came Sunday afternoon. It was gray and cloudy and everything about it screamed thunderstorm. But in the back of my mind I knew this. . .Steven Curtis Chapman was in town. Now for those of you who know me and who read my blog, you know that it would be the rare occasion of hospitalization or extreme disaster that would keep me away from one of his concerts. This time he was going to be at Coors Field (only 30 minutes away!) and perform after the Rockies vs Padres game. And all I had to do was get there before the game ended, purchase my $10 ticket and sit back and enjoy. That is exactly what I did. I arrived at the top of the 5th inning, found my seat, did the wave once or twice and sat back - not to watch the World Series team play, but believe it or not, to read a book. . . okay, that's my confession. I read a book at the Rockies game!!!

And 3 innings later, I packed everything up and began to move to the third base section of the lower level of Coors Field. Upon arrival to the field I got the inside scoop from the guy at the ticket counter as to where the best place to sit for the concert would be. So off I went - just me at Coors Field - on a mission to get the best seat in the house. BTW - The Rockies lost - I did at least notice the final score.

Now, I have been known for writing blogs that are way too long. . .so for now, this is where I will stop. But you absolutely HAVE to check back later today or tomorrow, because the best is yet to come. . ."What an Honor (Part 2) - the Concert."

Until then, what have you done for fun lately?

No comments: