Home Again!!

The Colon Family is officially back in Colorado!!! We got home last night at about 10pm. My wonderful husband graciously let me sleep in this morning until 9am, so I feel a bit recovered. But as soon as my feet hit the floor, I have been running around like a wild woman. No matter how hard I try to get things in order before leaving home, it is always a chaotic time for a few days getting life back into routine again. Thanks to mom, at least I don't have piles of laundry staring me in the face. What a great gift she gave me in washing everything before we left.

Anyway, I just sat down a few minutes ago to update some photoblog pics as well as check my Google Reader. (FYI - the other photoblog pics are on the sidebar)There are hundreds of blog and news entries that I read on a daily basis that I have to go through tonight before bed. While reading through everything I found a nice surprise. . .an actual good picture of me that made it onto the world wide web. I snagged it off of Brandi Wilson's blog, so Brandi, thanks for letting me steal from you.

I snagged it for 2 reasons. . .1. I rarely take a good picture. Kevin is always telling me to open my eyes more. Believe it or not, the waitress at Rafferty's actually caught me at a good moment. So. . .that alone made it worth sharing. 2. I wanted to take time to send out some much deserved cudos to the couple in the picture with us. It's Pete and Brandi Wilson. A lot of you who read this already know who these exceptional people are. If not, you must add them to your own Google Reader, because they are some pretty cool friends doing some pretty amazing stuff in Nashville, TN. You can read both of their blogs and get a bit of our history. (Pete and Kevin - Brandi's story)

A long story made as short as possible is this - Brandi and I grew up in the same county in KY and went to school together. I almost said that we grew up in the same town, but she is a Fredonia girl and those Fredonia-ites would not be happy with my lumping the two towns of Princeton and Fredonia together as one. We both went on to Western KY University for college. Pete and Kevin were freshmen roomies at WKU. Pete and Brandi hooked up. Pete tried to set Kevin and I up somewhere along the way, but we were both almost always in a relationship with someone else. Kevin went to seminary and I was still in school. Brandi and Pete ended up getting married and through a series of events, Kevin and I went on our first official date to their wedding where Kevin was the best man. WHEW! Fast forward. . .Kevin and I married about a year later. Pete was Kevin's best man as well. We went our separate ways only for God to bring us back together again for a few great years in Morgantown, KY, where Pete started his first church (Morgantown Community Church). Fast forward more. . .God moved Kevin and I on after about 2 years and now we are in Colorado. Pete and Brandi are now in Nashville after starting a second rockin' church - Crosspoint Community Church.

All that being said - WE LOVE THIS FAMILY!!!! They are terrific people. They are the kind of people that you wish you could hang out with every Friday night. Thanks, Pete and Brandi, for crashing our date night and hanging out with us for a few hours this week. How I wish we could do it more often!!!!

What does the future hold for our friendship story? Well, Pete and Brandi just so happen to have three boys (Jett, Gage and Brewer). We have 3 girls. . .I personally think that the next chapter in the story should be entitled, "Reinstating the Tradition of Arranged Marriages." What do you think?

O yeah! Here's the picture. . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

loved getting to see you two and hang out. wish we were so far away, but the computer has so helped our "cyber" friendship! :)

i so love watching Kevin and Pete together. they are so great together!