Jesus Smiling at Starbucks


So Kevin and I were on our date night on Tuesday. . . After a gourmet dinner at Chipotle :-)we found our way to Starbucks (the newest one in Superior - did you know that we now have 7 Starbucks in about 2 square miles from our house??) as usual. We really enjoy using this time to check up on each other. We ask questions like, "how is your week going?, "what has God been teaching you?, "how are we doing?" We get catch up on the girls as far as school and plans for the summer. We dream about the future. Yes, we often talk about church (but just for a brief time), and before the night is over something typically comes up about money. Yes, money. . .that thing that we never want to talk about.

So this week the conversation turned to money once again. My husband, who is mostly oblivious to the rising cost of food and gas, needed to be reminded to spend wisely. And as the conversation continued I shared with Kevin that in March we overspent in gas and groceries by about $200 (according to our budget). Most of you reading this blog knows just how easy that is to do lately. Anyway, we agreed to be very careful this month. And then Kevin went into his typical speech about how it's up to God to provide for us. It's up to him to keep us afloat. If He wants us to stay in Superior (which we know that he does), then He is going to take care of us. It's as easy as that. (BTW - Sometimes Kevin's faith makes me crazy!! Come on. . .worry a little bit with me, Kevin! :-)) So we vowed to continue to be wise and that was that. (Yet in my stomach I am always still a bit nervous even though God has provided in huge and small ways more times than I can count.)

Anyway - this is the point where I now know that Jesus was smiling at Starbucks - completely giddy at the event about to unfold. . .

A long story short. . .the very next morning as I was balancing my checkbook and paying monthly bills I opened what I thought would be a bill from the mortgage company. Instead it turned out to be a check for $256.00. We had overpayed in our escrow account and they were paying us back. That check had sat in a pile for at least 2 weeks unopened. I had no idea. But Somebody knew that there is a perfect time for everything. . .and once again, He provides. . .another lesson learned. Yep, another time Kevin was right. . .humph. . .

3 comments:

Unknown said...

OH yeah! He he he! God proves me right....AGAIN! Thanks Big Papi!

Ulovebeth said...

Amy, I'm using cyberspace to catch up w/ you all and the Wilson's and just realized that Pete & Brandi have all boys--and you all have all girls. Was that planned or something? Oh dear. I since arranged marriages in the future!! :)
So glad to hear how you all have been blessed!

Anonymous said...

Kevin is always right. Right?