Juggling

I'm sitting here at the kitchen table this morning juggling. . .well, not juggling for real. . .but my own version. I got up early to take a run and get myself ready for the Bolder Boulder 10K. . . that I now have to run because I made it public of my intent yesterday on both my blog and facebook. I suppose there is no going back now. My coffee cup is almost empty and I am in need of a bit more brown water to get me into the afternoon hours. I just finished updating my facebook group, "church planting wives," which is turning into another great adventure. Emma is across the table doing her math. Claire, my second scholar, is beaming because she just finished school for the day, Olivia is begging for food and gum and ECO (the dog) keeps eating the girls toys and running under the bed to safety. It's a typical morning in the Colon household. . .

And in the middle of it all, I'm wondering. . .what is it that you are juggling today? People say to me all the time, "I don't know how you do everything that you do." That statement always hits me as seeming so odd. I know that I do a lot, but you do too. We all do a lot. Busyness is the status that most people carry around today. I'm not unlike you. The only thing that I can say that others might not be able to is this. . .I am busy with things that I love. I am busy with things that I am called to do. I am busy taking care of myself and my family. I am busy enjoying life. I am busy enjoying my kids and my husband and life. I have learned the art of saying "no." and it has paid off. Now I must admit. . .some days the busyness kicks my butt. . .even though I love what I do. I want to escape it all and hide under the covers with a box of chocolates and a good movie. But days like today I am rejoicing because life for me, as stressful as it can get sometimes, is just as it is intended to be. I love the peaceful feeling of that.

So. . .what do you need to add and subtract today to your "busyness" so that it can be just as God intended? What are you really intended to juggle? AND what do you need to do to find quietness in the middle of it all?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You said that so well. I get that comment too, but you're right, I'm busy doing what I enjoy and what I have been called to do! Thanks for explaining that to me!! :)

Anonymous said...

I so agree. And what a blessing it is that what we've been called to do, WE LOVE! What a gift. Thank you, God for the blessing and thank you God that it does kick our butt...sometimes!