Can't Focus. . .Too Much Information

I have started to write this blog many times this morning. So many things have happened since I have really given you something good to read that I can't seem to narrow down my topics. If I write about everything that is going through my mind you would find yourself reading a novel instead of a blog. So instead I am going to attempt some quick bullet points just to get everyone caught up. Then we will go from there. How about that?


*Claire is getting baptized in 2 weeks (April 13)! It's been about a year since Claire made the first step in asking Jesus to come into her heart. Her sister, Emma, had just done the same thing not too long before, so we wanted to make sure that it was truly a heart thing for her and not simply a following of big sister. Claire was only 5 years old, but even at such a young age I was amazed at how persistent and emotional she was to make this decision. So in 2 weeks we will be celebrating! There is NOTHING more important, humbling or fulfilling than to watch your child choose to follow the Lord. Way to go, Claire!!!

*I've just joined a book club in Superior in an attempt to get to know more ladies in our town. I'm learning to read FICTION. It's killing me, but I know I can do it! Non-fiction and biographies are more my style. The things we do for the Kingdom! :-)

*Homeschooling continues to be quite the journey. The end of year 4 is only months away. I'm not sure who has learned more - the girls or me. I'm a bit nervous because this is the first year that Emma will be officially tested by the state to see if she is learning up to standards. Of course she is, but still. . .it makes me nervous. In testing Emma they are also testing me and my abilities and success as a teacher. I'll just be glad when that part is over. In the future I am going to try to blog more about our homeschooling adventures.

*My greatest frustration today??? Looking down at the gas gauge only to see the needle in the red! $3.19/gallon?? How long can this go on???? I have 3 kids to put through college!!!!!! I have 3 wedding to pay for some day!!!! Can anyone say "amen!?"

*ECO - let's just say that he and his hair still have a long way to go (you may need to read the previous blog about my dog to understand).

*Do you have a great husband or know of a truly great man? For me, greatness is not perfection, but instead it is character and integrity that shines through even in times of conflict or adversity. It is the way that a person carries themselves or conducts themselves when the temperature raises. It is the ability to have fun and to laugh at themselves or situations, being able to put even the toughest of times into perspective. It is consistency and noble character. It is doing your best and never giving up. It is loving others relentlessly and asking for nothing in return. Thank you, Kevin, for being a GREAT husband and a truly GREAT man! I'm so proud of him. You should read this blog entry. . .

*What are you reading? I need a good book. Non-fiction or biography, please!!!

*Olivia is starting to read! SAT, HAT, CAT, BAT. . . . WooHoo!

*Way to go TOPPERS! In Colorado there have been red towels waving as we have watched Western Kentucky University (mine and Kevin's alma mater) fight their way through the NCAA tournament. Unfortunately, the fight is over until next year. Now I have to side with my dad's team - Louisville!! So, go Cardinals!!!!!

That's all for now. More soon. . .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

just checked your blog to see if anything was new. I read Kevin’s blog and all I could do was cry and say “Praise the Lord, Praise the Lord”!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a wonderful compliment, but what a wonderful way many people, like he said who will never be in church, or at least might not, feel that way about him. He has carried himself well in your community, making contacts, but being the only example of God that some of these people might ever see. You have every right to be proud and thankful for him, but in the same light he has every right to be proud and thankful for you. You are making those same contacts through gymnastics, your new book club and even in the grocery store. Superior, Colorado is blessed to have the Colon family as their residents – even if it is extremely far from home.

Unknown said...

You are way too good to me, Amy! Thank you for loving me so much.