Oprah's Big Give

For years I have watched Oprah. I'm not what you would call a die hard fan, but when I am flipping the channels late in the afternoon she often catches my attention (or maybe that is Brad Pitt, or Johnny Depp sitting beside her that catch my attention). All the same, we all watch Oprah every once in a while.

As a matter of fact, I was glued to the television just last week as her new reality show, Oprah's Big Give, aired. Who doesn't love to see someone doing good in our world today? It gives us a boost. It touches out hearts. It makes us feel good.

But yesterday, I have to say that I stopped feeling so good about Oprah. . . . read on to see why. I don't want to make anyone mad - just informed. Everyone knows that she has leaned towards the New Age end of faith for quite some time. I suppose I'm just suprised by her boldness this time.

Oprah does great things for people. I like her. I'm sure I'll still watch her show the next time George Clooney is sitting beside her and I'll still spend my hours waiting to see who makes the "biggest give." Just thought you would like to know this one. . .as I was listening to some of it I can definitely say this. . .I believe it's a pretty messed up deal.


Oprah's New Jesus

Oprah has skyrocketed the career of another author on her book club. But this endorsement is a bit heart-wrenching. She's taking her fans through a year-long "Course in Miracles" by Marianne Williamson. Each day, her book club site features a different lesson on this essentially new religion. Here are some quotes from this book:

  • "There is no sin."
  • "A slain Christ has no meaning."
  • "The journey to the cross should be the last ' useless journey."
  • "Do not make the pathetic error of 'clinging to the old rugged cross."
  • "The name of Jesus Christ as such is but a symbol... It is a symbol that is safely used as a replacement for the many names of all the gods to which you pray."
  • "The recognition of God is the recognition of yourself."
  • "The Atonement is the final lesson he [man] need learn, for it teaches him that, never having sinned, he has no need of salvation."

Quote from a pastor somewhere in cyberspace. . .Last night, I told a longtime friend who is not a believer that I had stepped down as pastor of RCC. She replied, "Well it's hard to have a church that teaches what you believe. Most people aren't so narrow." [dagger in the heart] Jesus is indeed more appealing when he's not the way, the truth and the life. But any other Jesus is a whole other religion.


Read what Church Norris writes. . .yep I said Chuck Norris. . .just do it :-)



FOLLOW UP. . . MY FRIEND, ALETHEA, WROTE A SIMILAR BLOG ENTRY ABOUT OPRAH AND ADDED AN UNBELIEVABLE VIDEO. CLICK HERE BECAUSE YOU'VE GOTTA WATCH IT!!!! IT'S TITLED "FALSE TEACHER" on April 3, 2008.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the post! Who knew we'd pick the "Missing in Action" guy over Oprah! We should be thankful they haven't changed the Constitution to "One nation under spiritual tolerance..."