Estes Park Getaway - Entry #1

Happy Mother’s Day to me! This morning I’m sitting at Starbucks in Estes Park. I’m all alone. And yes, this is my own personal definition of a happy day. Deep down I am a loner. I get my juice from being all by myself. And my family knows it. Thus, my Mother’s Day surprise was a 2 day getaway – no kids, no house to clean, no work, no homeschool, only me. Part of me is thinking that I should feel guilty about this. . .but I refuse to let myself. This is time that I need. I’m learning it more and more. My family must be learning it, too. They sent me away. :-)

God has called me to a life of people. These people need me and count of me and require so much of me. I am truly blessed and I love the life that I have. But it is quite humorous that God chose a person like me to fulfill all of the many roles that I perform on a daily basis. It’s about discipline and determination and will and God’s help, because the life I live does not come naturally to me. Yet, it is super fulfilling because I can see it in perspective. I just have to be more intentional than others to carve out my time to refuel for the journey.

And that is what I am doing today and tomorrow. I’m stopping for coffee when I feel like it. I’m eating at any restaurant that I choose. I’m reading a good book beside the mountain creek that flows behind Starbucks. I’m taking a walk beside the lake. I’m listening to some great sermons on my ipod. I’m blogging. I’m journaling. I’m exercising. I’m hiking and praying not to see a mountain lion. I’m sleeping late in a cushy room and waking up to a huge gourmet breakfast. And I’m searching. I am expecting God to show up in a really big way. All of the noise will be silenced for the next few days. Please, God, let me experience you. Fill me up for the next leg of the race.

No comments: