Happy Birthday!


The end of year 30 is fast approaching. In 3 days I will officially be "30-something."But this year's birthday is not painful like last. Three hundred and sixty two days into it, I have decided that I am going to enjoy my 30's. Granted, a few wrikles are quietly beginning to appear. I have discovered a few dreaded gray hairs and calories seem to stick to my middle with less effort than before. But despite all of those things, the really cool part is that life has more meaning to it than ever before. All of a sudden I have a life - a life that is about more than sleepless nights and dirty diapers, studying for school, moving, or holding my breath to see if Cool River will make it off the ground.

As I stand on the doorstep and get ready to enter into the world of "30-something," I find myself breathing easier. I see a future of actually using the gifts and knowledge God has given to me. I see a glimpse of opportunities never experienced. I see an exciting life with children whom I get to show the world. I see a marriage that is nine years strong and growing. I am beginning to see the fruits and blessings of our labor in Colorado and Cool River. And the anticipation of what is yet to come is terrific.

As I bring a close to year 30 I can do nothing but praise God for all he has done and continues to do. I had no idea that life was going to bring me to this place. In only the last month I have had opportunities only dreamed of. I have shared my church planting wife story with people from both the Colorado state convention as well as a large, new church planting team from Boulder County. - Lord, I am so blessed to have a successful story to share. - I shared with my family a terrific time in Glorietta, NM. I watched Emma, Claire and Olivia become more independent little people and found such joy in the fun that they had. - Lord, thanks for a family beyond my hopes and dreams. - I traveled to the other side of the world just to love on the Vietnamese people. How can I ever view my life in the same way again? - Father, I'm amazed at how you can cause a heart to love a people that it barely even knows! - I have celebrated with Kevin 9 years of bumpy (at times), beautiful marriage and my oldest daughter, Emma, turned 7 years old and started 2nd grade. WOW! This was one month. And I get a sense that the best is yet to come.

Lord, I pray that the journey has just begun. Please lead me your way into this next year. You have been so good to me! I can't wait to see where this 30-something road leads.

No comments: