Family Fun Night #1

So I've been following my friend, Brandi, as she has started blogging about their testosterone filled family nights. Minus the testosterone in a house full of girls, it sounded like fun. So this week I decided to give it a try. I must admit, I stole some ideas. Hopefully I will get more creative as we continue. But for now, here are some pics from the first official Colon Family Fun Night. (And by the way, Brandi, Kevin and ECO may be interested in joining your family every once in a while for some rough and tumble boy time. Next week I'm planning a fairytale princess night!)

Ingredients to a yummy Family Night - Emma was my Sous Chef as we cut up everything for make-your-own salads.
Appetizers - Mine, Kevin and Emma's favorites - the other girls just said "EEEEWWWW" and dug the white bread out of the leftover French baguette.
Make-Your-Own salad buffet was a hit!
And dessert was yummy! (This is the idea that I stole. Thanks, Brandi!)

We ended the night with everyone's favorite game - Apples to Apples. . . Claire won! (I just didn't share the pics because she didn't have a shirt on and I don't want to be one of those moms who scar their kids by sharing naked photos :-))
O yea, and ECO joined in the fun, too.


FUN, FUN family night!!! You should try it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yea! looks like fun! wish we lived closer so we could do joint family nights... the kids would love that.

great job and don't you love that dessert?!