Where do you "find" God?

What kind of question is that? Where do you find God? God is with us everywhere we go, right? That is the good Sunday school answer. But often it is as if he is just along for the ride and I seem to forget more times than I should that he is there. Can you relate? If so, maybe you can also relate to that feeling that can come to the pit of your stomach when you just know that it is time to slow down, catch your breath, relax and just be with the Lord. So where do you go? Where do you find God?

I know that some people find him in the early morning when the world seems to still be asleep. Some find him in the mountains while taking a hike or on the lake while fishing. Other people just like to take a ride with him in the car while going basically nowhere. That used to be one of my favorites until gas prices became so ridiculous. Starbucks with a journal, Bible and good book is also on the top of my list. But if you want to know my favorite place to sit quietly with God, it would be. . .get this. . . the Omni Hotel. Yep, that's right. Now don't steal my spot! I don't want to see you the next time I go loitering there on a late night. But that's where I go. That is where I find Him.

Big comfy couches, a fireplace, pretty music playing in the background (and a Starbucks that I pick up on the way) . . . this is my idea of relaxation. This is my idea of sitting with God. This is the environment where I hear God and learn from God the best. I'm such a yuppie, aren't I!? Yup!

Why do I feel compelled to write about this? I have absolutely no idea. Maybe you need to find your place to hang out with God, too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm calling the hotel! They need to know there is a vagrant amongst paying guest.When they find out it is a babtist...they will have to close. Love ya sis, Dave L