Today

I woke up this morning at 6:00am. That has not been the norm as of late. But today I was given a boost of energy that took me out of my bed and into the basement for an early morning workout. If I could get into the habit again, this is what I would like every morning to look like. By 7:30 I was exercised, showered and I had already had my quiet time with the Lord. My day had already started and the house was still quiet. aahhh, yes! Snuggled up to read a book until the madness began, the phone rang.

You know that feeling? It was way too early for anyone to call unless there was an emergency. My heart stopped beating for a second as I said "hello?" And who was it? My friend, Nikki, from Texas. "Amy, what time is it there - 7:30 or 9:30?" "7:30." "O Amy, I'm so sorry!! Let me call you back later. . ." Later, are you kidding? Later there would be kids running through the house and laundry to wash. Oddly enough, she had perfect timing.

And an hour later as we said goodbye, do you know what? The house was STILL quiet. What a fantastic gift God gave me this morning to start off my week! And do you want to know what one of the big things that we talked about was? The Amazing Race. Did you see it last night on tv? (picture above) They were in Hanoi! No, better than that, they were at the Melia Hotel where we stay in Hanoi. And better than that - Nikki and Bob were there when they were filming it this summer. It was so much fun to watch that show last night with my girls. The streets and the people and the choas of Vietnam. . . I asked Emma, "Would you like to go there with me some day?" She said, "I haven't decided just yet." Claire, on the other hand, chimed in quickly saying, "Mommy, I want to go! Can I go???" "Absolutely." What a fun experience it will be to one day share that place with them and introduce them to our friends.

I'm just so blessed. Thanks, God, for reminding me of that just exactly when I need it. Thanks for unexpected phone calls and children to share dreams and life with. Thanks for opportunities. Thanks for the support that you send my way, whether it is through a daily time with you or from a caring friend who might be states away. Thanks for energizing me when I need it desperately. Thanks for today.

No comments: