Back to Normal

Normal! What is that? It seems as if there have been only a few moments in my adult life that have seemed anywhere close to what someone might call "normal." But for now, at least our family is back together again. And even though reality has hit with the daily routine of laundry and errands, there is a certain comfort in knowing what to expect for today and tomorrow. Beyond tomorrow, who knows!?

Kevin is back from Vietnam. It was a hugely successful trip. You can read more about it on his blog that is linked on this page. Mom and Dad have come and gone. We had a great time! Dad taught Emma how to ride her bike without training wheels and attempted to teach me how to drive Kevin's Toyota that is a stick shift. Let's just say that he had much more success with Emma. We spent a day in the mountains and experienced one of the first days of the beautiful Colorado autumn season. And Mom and I successfully pulled off Olivia's third birthday party. It sounds as if I have many pictures to post. . .

So the summer is officially over for the Colon family. We have traveled more since April of this year than I ever planned. From Texas to Kentucky, New Mexico to Vietnam and Vietnam once again, we made it through. Truly, it was a blast! Our girls have been extremely flexible through it all. But as the cool weather begins, I find myself starting to get that cozy feeling that you can only really satisfy at home - looking out the window at the changing leaves and snow on the ground - drinking a good cup of coffee and reading a great book. I hope that the next few months look a little more like that in my home than the "exploded suitcase look" that we have become so fond of in past months.

No comments: