My Home School Top 10

When people hear that we home school, one of the favorite questions they almost always ask is, "What curriculum do you use?" There is no telling how many times I have rattled off the list of the good, bad and ugly that I have tested over the years. I have never been able to stick with just one company that produces a full curriculum of study. All companies have their strengths and weaknesses. And though there are many great things out there I have yet to try, I thought I would take a few minutes to compose my Top 10 List as of today.

So here you have it. . .from Kindergarten to 5th grade, here is Amy's Top 10 (but in no particular order). . .I won't bore you with the details as to why, but if you ask, I'd love to share.

1. Abeka Language/Phonics/Spelling (Click Here)
2. Singapore Math for K-1st (Click Here) and Math U See for 2nd-5th (Click Here)
3. Apologia Science - today this is probably my favorite (Click Here)
4. Anything written by Jean Fritz for U.S. History (all at the library)
5. You Tube videos of Bill Nye the Science Guy and SchoolHouse Rock
6. Kay Arthur Inductive Bible Studies for Kids (Click Here)
7. Evan-Moor History Pockets (Click Here)
8. Sonlight Curriculum for read-a-louds and chapter book reading - I don't use the entire curriculum (Click Here)
9. Heroes of History and Christian Heroes:Then and Now from YWAM (Click Here)
10. Leading Little Ones to God by Marian M. Schoolland (Click Here)

1 comment:

kcheek said...

We are using "leading Little ones to God" for family devos right now! So good. I can't wait to check some of these out!