Late Night or Early Morning?

It's 2:55am and why am I awake? Let's see. . .I have blamed it on about 10 different things so far. My mattress is extremely uncomfortable and kinda sinks in the middle. Kevin is snoring. Olivia woke up with a bad dream. The bedroom isn't dark enough. I'm hot and sticky and should have taken a shower before going to bed. The neighbor's dog is barking. Someone's sprinklers just came on. . .these are the things that prompted me out of bed tonight and onto the computer once again. Does this ever happen to you?

So now I sit here - wide awake and halfway asleep at the same time. And in the quietness and darkness of this house it is the perfect setting to think. . .think about bills that need to be paid and things that need to be done before leaving for KY next week and how dirty the house is and how much I have to do in just a few hours when the sun comes up. . .I've searched homeschool websites and Facebook and Food Network and all of my regular blogs and for Rockies tickets and CNN. . .and my brain is on overload. . .and all I want to do is sleep. . .Please tell me I'm not the only person this happens to. Wish me luck on an afternoon nap!

1 comment:

Holly33 said...

OK, now I don't feel so bad about last night. I was only up until about 1:30 or so. At least that is the last time I remember seeing on the clock.
I had a hard time falling asleep, thinking way to much. And, just when I think I had, a crocodile was apparently attacking Alina in her room. After laying with her until she fell asleep, I crawled back into my own bed, only to be awakened by my whining old dog. After covering him up with his blanket, went bact to bed and thne he was up again. This time, he really did need to go out, so downstairs we went. Finally crawled back into bed and fell asleep, saying to myself "sleep, sleep, sleep..."
Woke up at 6:00 to a whining baby, who fell back asleep on her own, then a whining dog. Old dogs are hungry a lot and need to go outside a lot too.