Time Flies

2008 - It came in like a lion this year. Kevin and I said "hello" to the new year in the emergency pet hospital in Boulder. He tells the story really well on his blog, so I won't go into details. Because of the drama that came with that night and the days to come, I failed to really sit down and think about my hopes and dreams for the new year. Now it is already January 21, and here I sit finally taking the time to catch my breath and think on this next year. . . this year that is already one month complete.

My grandmother is always talking about how quickly time flies. I think I'm starting to relate. It drives me absolutely crazy when I think about all of the things that I hope to accomplish - all of the things that I want for my family - all of the things that I need to do - all of the ways that I hope to grow - only to blink my eyes and see that time is slipping away so quickly. At the end of the day I do well to say that my kids got out of their pajamas today, the family was fed, the laundry was done and I read my Bible for maybe 15 minutes. Where does the time go?

And if the time is flying by so quickly, how am I possibly going to tackle living my hopes and dreams? How will I ever meet my goals? Is there really enough time? I surely hope so. . .

You see - this year I do expect to accomplish more than dressing and feeding my kids, getting through a day of school and taking a shower every other day. This year I have big plans. . .

I'll tell you all about them soon. . .

No comments: